Some people write because they’ve heard that it’s a great way to gain fortune and fame. Other people write because they feel compelled to share their ideas with others, intent on causing other people to think the way they do. And then, there are folks who sit down and write or type out one-word-after-another because they simply couldn’t stop writing if they wanted to.
As much as I don’t like admitting it, I’m in the latter group.
Oh, sure, I’d absolutely love the fortune (you can keep the fame), but I’m gonna write no matter what. It’s in my DNA. I can’t help it.
Curious if this fits the bill for you as well? Consider reading these few scenarios/facts, and see how well they match you.
- When I listen to conversations people have while commuting to and from work on the train, airplane, etc., I often find myself turning the conversations into short stories, poems, novels or I ponder how the conversations might work in a screenplay.
- I write more than I think I do (i.e. journal writing, blogging, writing copy for friends) and don’t mind at all.
- If I’m reading a newspaper, magazine or website article, I find myself enjoying the cadence, the very pace of the writing, more than the actual details noted in the piece.
- People tell me it’s like I’m “right there” talking with them when they read letters I’ve written them and sent via the mail.
- Seems like a story’s always going in my head.
- I have an endless imagination.
- Impossible seems like the most useless word in the dictionary to me (again . . . that endless imagination).
- I absolutely love being in a library or bookstore!
- When I talk with another writer, I feel like I’m talking with someone who really knows and understands me.
Oh, the joys of being a writer! They abound!
Thank you for reading my blog. To learn what happens to Raymond, Brenda and the other characters in Love Pour Over Me, hop over to Amazon.com, B&N.com, Ebookit.com, or any other online or offline bookseller and get your copy of Love Pour Over Me today. And again I say – Thank You! Consider Love.