By Denise Turney
Book writers aren’t the only people who eagerly wait for the muse to arrive before they sit down and start creating. Musicians, songwriters, painters and . . . dare I say it . . . entrepreneurs also wait for the muse to strike before they make a decision or take action.
Waiting for the muse to strike, for magic to happen, might increase the likelihood that you’ll be successful at something. When the muse hits, your confidence might soar, causing you to feel as if you can’t fail.
However, waiting for magic to happen, could also put you behind the eight ball. In fact, it could paralyze you, leave you stuck between the best choice and the worst choice.
The good news is that the magic you might have been waiting for has always been yours. The muse you’ve been waiting to strike has always come from within you.
The challenge, at times, is figuring out how to tap into this muse. Some ways you can access the magic that’s inside of you are:
- Trust the source of all life
- Meditate (quiet your ego, so you can finally start hearing from your core, your authentic self)
- Enjoy being outdoors for at least one uninterrupted hour a day (i.e. a walk, swimming, bike riding)
- Soak in a bubble bath
- Sit in a comfortable sauna
- Brainstorm (sit down and start writing about things you want to appear in your life now, paying attention to what surfaces)
- Engage in a relaxing conversation with family or friends (relaxation does wonders)
- Keep a dream journal (dreams reveal a lot about what’s going on in our subconscious minds)
- Get a good night’s sleep
- Pay bills before you sit down to create, so your mind will be clear (the less you have on your mind, the better)
Get ready to do some exploring! Test various choices and actions, seeing how your subconscious responds to the stimuli. Be open to change. Be willing to continue trying new things until your core starts breaking through all the junk the ego has been shouting for days, perhaps years. The better you get at breaking through, the more magical your life may feel, not to mention the improvements you’ll see in your creative work.
Thank you for reading my blog. To learn what happens to Raymond, Brenda and the other characters in Love Pour Over Me, hop over to Amazon.com, B&N.com, Ebookit.com, or any other online or offline bookseller and get your copy of Love Pour Over Me today. And again I say – Thank You! Consider Love.